- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
- 3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
- 4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
- 5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
- 6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
- 7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
- 8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
- 9a. Would you recommend Inspire ATA Ltd. to a friend?
- 9b. Why?
- 10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Inspire ATA Ltd.?
Within my role at the school: • Support the needs of a 1:1 child with SEN • Undertake different staff related tasks within school to maintain school safety • Work alongside teacher to help class in and outside of classroom setting • Work with members of staff to achieve tasks within school setting
I have learnt a number of new skills: -Developing my ability to build good working relationships with both pupils and adults. -Develop my skills within literacy and numeracy I have been able to learn these new skills with the assistance of my tutor as-well as an online learning platform (Cognassist)
I have enjoyed the programme from the very get-go and have made my thoughts very clear to everyone. There has rarely been a day where I was finding something challenging and then was unable to receive help.
In terms of structure, I have always been on top of things due to the communication levels between all parties. For this reason, there has rarely been a time where I was unsure of what to do next as we (Apprentices) were always alerted.
If anyone were to have a query, it would be resolved instantly. I, myself had a query involving a service that required myself to be away from work for a week. I was able to effectively communicate with my employer and then complete my jury service.
As mentioned before, we (Apprentices) are always aware/on top of things due to the support and communication levels we are receiving on a great consistent level. There was a time where I needed some assistance in regards to coursework and I was able to then receive help with this.
With all the skills I had learnt with the online learning platform (Cognassist) as-well as one-to-one conversations with my tutor and training provider. I was able to receive adequate enough help from the very get-go of my apprenticeship right up until the time I had gained my Teschkng Assistant qualification
I have been lucky enough to have been promoted in terms of post as I am now working as Sports Coach due at my current school. I am lucky enough to have been able to gain this position due to communication between my training provider and school.
If an apprenticeship was on their mind, I would instantly direct them towards Inspire as I believe he/she would receive the exact same amount of support/help I have received over the past 2 years.
I would definitely let them know that that if they were to have a query at any stage, to make sure that they speak to someone. Being able to communicate efficiently has allowed me to come a very long way compared to when I first started with Inspire ATA.
Apprenticeship - Advanced Level (Level 3)
Education & Childcare