- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
- 3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
- 4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
- 5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
- 6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
- 7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
- 8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
- 9a. Would you recommend Travis Perkins Plc to a friend?
- 9b. Why?
- 10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Travis Perkins Plc?
Serving customers, generating sales as well as delivering to sites and customers
a lot of plumbing knowledge over the year as well as communication skills with customers and staff.
I enjoyed having the specialists on the webinars with us to help us with our coursework. as well as visiting our spares manufacturer to gather more information about other sides of our business.
very well organised, with monthly calls and monthly deadlines too.
I got a lot of fo support from my manager as well as the RM to provide time to do the work needed for my apprenticeship.
[This section of the comment has been removed by a member of the RateMyApprenticeship Team because it did not meet our site terms and conditions] was excellent with me, always on the other end of the phone when needed.
I now have more confidence in what I do daily.
we often have supplier events where the team and customers will go out and socialise.
Easy to work for, and the hard work pays off in the long run.
Go for it, hard work is rewarded
Apprenticeship - Intermediate Level (Level 2)
Sales, Marketing & Procurement