Rating

9.8/10
  • 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
  • My role is to serve customers and pick orders to suit a customers needs. The products are primarily drywall, insulation, suspended ceilings and metal. Most of my day is spent operating a forklift truck.

• 2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
  • I have gained more confidence using the computer and gained a better understanding of the customer journey into the branch.

• 3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
  • I thoroughly enjoyed this apprenticeship and believe it has been the best thing for my career.

• 4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
  • It was very clear from the work go, giving me a full understanding of what i needed to do. The webinars could have been timed better. They should have been at the start of every month.

• 5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
  • I had nothing but support and time. Anytime i asked, i was given the help.

• 6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
  • The support was always there. Any question asked was always answered, giving me a knowledge to complete the task.

• 7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
  • I feel like i know so much more about the business. It has given me a great insight of the process taken for the customer to get their goods.

• 8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
  • I am involved in Health and safety forums, both for the region and national.

• 9a. Would you recommend Travis Perkins Plc to a friend?

• 9b. Why?
  • The whole structure, beliefs, family values are something that could suit anybody wanting a long term career.

• 10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Travis Perkins Plc?
  • Work as hard as you can at everything you do. The recognition and benefits will always be present.

Details