- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
- 3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
- 4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
- 5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
- 6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
- 7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
- 8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
- 9a. Would you recommend Nestle to a friend?
- 9b. Why?
- 10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Nestle?
my role is to help with the category strategy for Out of home beverage solutions across our coffee brands. this means liaising with the sales, brand, activation and finance team to create and apply a marketing strategy for each brand for each channel
i have learn about budget management and seeing a project through from idea to launch and all the elements and resources that come with it
i really enjoy my program, its hard work but beneficially for my job role
my program is quite structured with clear objectives and time lines to work towards.
i have a great mentor and manager who support me but i have a very big work load that can sometimes take precedence over my program
my training provider provides little support unless asked for but my mentor is very supportive and helps as and when needed, keeping me focused and on time
i feel my qualification has helped with my job role. the frameworks and marketing language used frequently is something i have very quickly got to grips with and use on a daily basis
not during covid restrictive times
Nestle has been a great company to work for and supported me in my program. I have used my skills daily that i have learn in my apprenticeship and enjoyed having the extra knowledge and support needed.
my apprenticeship/program wasn't through Nestle as it was an external program which i brought over from my old company. Nestle were more than happy to adopt my apprenticeship and take on the costs etc and support me in continuing my course. They were great
Apprenticeship - Higher Level (Level 4/5/6/7)
Sales, Marketing & Procurement
Brighton and Hove