- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
- 3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
- 4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
- 5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
- 6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
- 7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
- 8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
- 9a. Would you recommend Travis Perkins Plc to a friend?
- 9b. Why?
- 10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Travis Perkins Plc?
Branch supervisor, involves sales, customer service, cash handling, stock control, housekeeping, health and safety and being in charge of transport and deliveries.
I have grown in confidence in my job and learnt more on product knowledge and customer service. Also learnt more about the business and the goals to achieve.
Really enjoyed it, was good to stretch my brain and challenge myself to learn more
Very well organised, I knew what was required of me and could get on with it by myself.
Minimal involvement from employer.
Had 3 different mentors throughout the year which was a bit frustrating. By the time I had my 3rd mentor I was basically completed so did the course mostly by myself with minimal involvement.
Helps me perform 10 times better.
No extra curricular activities.
I love my job, I enjoy getting up everyday and going to work. I have progressed in the 2.5 years I have been there and always feel supported and cared for by my branch team.
Be ready to work hard and learn a lot! Just enjoy it!
Apprenticeship - Intermediate Level (Level 2)
Sales, Marketing & Procurement