1. Please give an overview of what your virtual experience involved:
The virtual experience involved many different webinars ranging from how to build your self awareness to different career paths you can take. I enjoyed the group work aspect of the project as I interacted with many different people and understood the importance of networking in and outside of a work place.
2. What training and skills development did you learn from your virtual experience?
The training and skills i learnt were definitely how to network within the company and also I understood how to build my commercial awareness which gave me a great understanding what employers expect when going into a workplace is having knowledge and being confident in the company and showing you understand their work culture, values and environment.
3. To what extent did you enjoy your virtual experience?
I enjoyed the virtual work experience very even though it was online, I think BDO staff made the experience very interactive and interesting. I would have definitely enjoyed the experience pre COVID however I’m hoping after the experience I will be able to secure a placement and work in the one of the BDO offices to really feel and experience their work culture, values and environment
4. How well organised was your virtual experience?
Before the virtual work experience BDO gifted students a jumper, notebook, pen and bottle this definitely gave me a head start in preparing myself. I think I was prepared and organised well for the work and ensured that my learning resources were up to date
5. How much did you learn about the company culture and what it would be like to work there?
During the last week I really got a detailed insight about BDOs work culture as we talked to many employees and got to hear their story.
6. How much did your virtual experience help you in deciding on your future career path?
The webinars have detailed explanations of the different sectors within the business which made me confident I’m what I want to pursue
7. Were you paid or reimbursed for this experience?
No however BDO gifted some merchandise before the event
8. Were there opportunities for networking and meeting other employees?
Yes 100% there’s were many opportunities to do so which made the experience fun and interactive
9a. Would you recommend BDO to a friend?
Your able to gain so much and it really helps when deciding what career path you want to pursue
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to BDO?
Research about the company and think about why their values fit with yours , follow their campaign to BE YOURSELF! as that’s what they appreciate the most.