1. Please give an overview of what your virtual experience involved:
It was an insightful week in which I gained knowledge around the company and the market itself whilst also being given the opportunity to self reflect and identify my own strengths and weaknesses. It also provided many opportunities such as networking and progression within the company.
2. What training and skills development did you learn from your virtual experience?
I learnt analysis skills such as SWOT as well as developing my personal confidence skills. Additionally I developed my ability to network alongside my skills in completing an interview.
3. To what extent did you enjoy your virtual experience?
I couldn’t have enjoyed it any more
4. How well organised was your virtual experience?
It was very well organised and stuck to a very strict itinerary
5. How much did you learn about the company culture and what it would be like to work there?
I was given a thorough insight in to the company policies and met several employees who explained how they were treated and what their day to day jobs entailed
6. How much did your virtual experience help you in deciding on your future career path?
I had no idea about my future before the experience but I’m now certain that I want to work for BDO itself
7. Were you paid or reimbursed for this experience?
No, but I had no costs as the experience was virtual and all resources required were provided
8. Were there opportunities for networking and meeting other employees?
Throughout the week there were several opportunities to network with fellow candidates as well as employees from the business
9a. Would you recommend BDO to a friend?
It is an inclusive firm that prioritises the needs of its employees and focuses on said employees being themselves. Additionally, BDO provided an organised week which gave me a well rounded and enjoyable experience
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to BDO?
To be confident in yourself from the off and just be yourself. They are huge advocates for individuality and make sure that your unique features shine through