1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
As a Business Improvement Apprentice I work in the Operational Excellence team to apply Lean Six Sigma methodologies to improve the efficiency and productivity of the business. This is usually done by running an improvement project on a specific process or area.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I've learnt a variety of new skills including problem solving, organisation, teamwork and more. I've also developed my people management skills much more as well as the technical skills needed for my role.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
My programme is very complimentary - what I learn in my course is constantly being reinforced by the work I'm doing day-to-day. The work is engaging and interesting.
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Time management between my course and work is very flexible. It allows me to work in a way that suits me, but support from my tutor is always available. This has always been the case, but particularly in light of working from home due to COVID-19.
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
There are always opportunities at Siemens to get involved with extra-curricular activities. Even when working remotely, there are lots of virtual opportunities.
9a. Would you recommend Siemens to a friend?
Siemens is experienced and passionate about early career opportunities. The programme is well thought through and offers opportunities to progress and make the most of your apprenticeship. It's an enjoyable place to work with a positive culture.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Siemens?
Be sure to talk about your whole self - put as much personality into your application as possible. Academic achievements are only one part of the picture.