1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
My role involves provisioning, managing and trouble shooting of firewalls, routers, switches, servers and end user devices like wireless access points, network printers etc. Undertaking projects like site launches (end to end connectivity) getting the site operational and handing it over to the operations. I ensure that the site has WAN redundancy.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Some of my new skills are working with juniper SRX firewalls, firmware upgrades with out any downtime, working in multi vendor environment like CISCO, Juniper, commodity. Working with PDU, ATS, UPS, industrial firewalls and scanners
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoy my course a lot as it had interesting hot topics like cyber security, machine learning, research methodology, switching, routing and trouble shooting etc. My skills coach and all the staff i have dealt were very helpful and friendly.
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
My course was well organized, even during the mid pandemic i was getting additional support. When ever I needed help i was always been looked after.
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I have joined Amazon recently. I get support from my team however it would help if i could get 20% time towards my studies as i am at my major project due in a few weeks.
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
My skills coach and all the professors have been really supportive. During my course when I lost my job I was been supported and guided by the training provider.
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
My qualification has helped me a lot in my role. I am now able deep dive in to the issues and have a vast understanding and different ways to resolve the issues. It has Also helped my improve my personality and the confidence level.
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
We have many social activities at Amazon, like joining different communities, games, an access to large inventory of study material where one can develop/upgrade their carrier and many opportunities to progress.
9a. Would you recommend Amazon to a friend?
Amazon is the ocean of opportunities to grow, hard work is always recognized, Uses the cutting edge technologies, Out of the box ideas are encouraged, they actually keep up to their promises, one of the top 5 tech giants and lastly just the name Amazon is enough
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Amazon?
Be yourself, do the research and study the core values of amazon.