Business Administrator at UBS

2020
May 2021

In my role, I work as an Administrative Assistant which involves organising internal and client calls, producing documentation, filing reports and processing expenses.

One skill that I have developed during my apprenticeship has been communicational skills. I have had multiple opportunities to communicate with clients and employees across different divisions in the bank. I have also developed my time management skills and organisation skills which has enabled me to manage my responsibilities well.

This programme has been both enriching and enjoyable. It has allowed me to study towards a qualification whilst practically applying what I am learning on a daily basis whilst at work.

The programme is structured very well and progress catch-ups are arranged regularly so that you feel supported in your role. With support also available across the organisation, I have regular discussions with my line manager, mentor and buddy.

I receive a lot of support from the apprenticeship team, my colleagues, mentor and buddy. Apprentices are also always encouraged to raise any concerns that they may have and receive extra support where necessary.

BPP is always on hand to support you in completing your qualification and achieving a grade that you are happy with. BPP schedule regular progress reviews and are prompt in their responses to any concerns or questions you may have.

My qualification has helped me to identify areas in my role that I feel less confident on and complete tasks to practice in these areas. I am required to meet specific criteria in my qualification which has enabled me to take on a variety of different tasks in my role.

There are a number of extra-curricular activities to get involved in at UBS. For example, you can participate in volunteering and networking opportunities.

9a. Would you recommend UBS to a friend?

UBS provide exceptional support to their junior talent and ensure that their apprenticeship programmes are well structured and organised.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to UBS?

If you are considering an apprenticeship at UBS, apply! My advice would be to research the different divisions and opportunities at UBS and apply for a role that best fits your skills, personality and interests.