1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I run the CEO Complaints Office, and my team deal with all incoming Executive and Ombudsman complaints. They case manage to resolution.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learnt and developed Continuous Improvement skills, looking at driving efficiencies in our business.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
The programme is very enjoyable, and is very informative. Our trainer is very engaging, and the course material is very interesting.
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The programme material is very well structures, broken down into each key are of study. There is a good mix between virtual classroom learning, and activity based practical application.
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
My employer is supportive, but it can be challenging to get the time to focus on the apprenticeship which is required.
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
Capella are great at providing lots of support, and are always happy to help if we have additional questions. We also have regular coaching sessions.
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
This qualification will give me additional skills to drive improvements in efficiencies in our processes, and to drive a culture of continuous improvement.
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
There are lots of extra-curricular activities at Thames Water, which anyone can choose to be involved in.
9a. Would you recommend Thames Water to a friend?
It's a good place to work, with supportive people. There are lots of progression opportunities.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Thames Water?
Be yourself, and understand why you want to work for Thames specifically. We have such a key, but sometimes under appreciated, role in society and it's important that you understand how you could contribute towards our purpose.