IT Apprentice at Amazon

Dunfermline
Apprenticeship - Higher Level (Level 4/5/6/7)
May 2021

8.9/10

Responding to internal customer trouble tickets and responding to radio calls for more urgent issues that occur within the remises that may impact on operations. Carry out a number of daily audits to ensure efficient running of the building and that operations are running at the highest and most effective capacity.

Each day, a new IT skill is learned! From practical skills to theory and more! One day, you are learning how to build a laptop from scratch, the next, you are learning how to configure a Cisco switch from new in order to support a new VLAN.

I love my programme! Cannot fault it!

It could be better, QA side is structured to a T, my employer side, there is a lack of structure and could have been better.

I receive support when I ask for it.

QA support me as much as they can, providing training material and additional courses when they see the potential, as well as ensuing I have all resoruces to complete study work.

The knowledge that has been learned through the programme has been applied to real-life work related tasks and has allowed me to understand the tasks I am carrying out from a theoretical point of view.

There are a number of societies and groups to join to get further exposure within the company as well as more worldwide exposure, I am part of a number of societies that have allowed me to meet new people across the world and build new friendships (social and professional) with.

9a. Would you recommend Amazon to a friend?

Great company to work for, always opportunities to take on! Managers always aim to have you succeed and push yourself to excel in skills!

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Amazon?

Be yourself, be your genuine self who is passionate about what you do.