1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I am responsible for 10 subcontractors and I also help my colleges with tasks such as completing take off's. Each month when we receive an application or invoice I must work out if they are due that amount and if not then why.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learnt lots of new skills and I am going to be a qualified Quantity Surveyor when I have completed the course
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoy the programme and it is very good and my knowledge has been increased massively.
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The programme structure is good and makes our lives as students very easy as rather than having multiple modules at the same time its just two or three and these get completed before we move on.
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I receive as much help as I require from my employer and there are multiple people to help me with anything I am not sure on.
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
Northumbria have provided me with a lot of help and assistance where required.
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
As my qualification links directly with my job role it helps me a lot with all tasks including day to day tasks.
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
Nothing that I am aware of however this could be due to COVID and nothing being on.
9a. Would you recommend Balfour Beatty to a friend?
Good company which provide all types of job roles and you can have some many different experiences and there is opportunity to travel to carry out your job.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Balfour Beatty?
Definitely worth it and try your hardest to get in as I believe they are the best construction company out there with all the different opportunities they give