- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
- 3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
- 4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
- 5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
- 6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
- 7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
- 8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
- 9a. Would you recommend NHS to a friend?
- 9b. Why?
- 10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to NHS?
My role includes scrubbing for day case surgery, assisting the anesthetist and ODP to anaesthetize patients and care for patients post operatively in the Recovery room.
Scrubbing - Completing swab counts, instrument checks Scrubbing to become sterile for a procedure Caring for patients post operatively Assisting with cannulation, spinals and anesthetic Physiological monitoring Checking equipment TEG analysing Blood Gas tests Checking patients in for surgery
I absolutely loved it! i loved the increased responsibility, the increasing of skills and knowledge learnt.
Very well organized, from assignments, specialized units, observations and study days to placement rotations, competency books and practical training days and assessments.
lots of support from both the practical and education team. Whether it be 1 to 1 sessions, phone calls, emails, study days, Microsoft team sessions, extensions if needed and 10 week reviews.
Since completing my qualification i am now more aware of Acts, policies and procedures in line with my trust. I feel a lot more confident in my responsibilities and myself I now feel i am providing safer care to my patients due to extended knowledge and skills. i now feel more confident questioning/challenging/ reporting poor behavior.
rewarding safe/secure place to work sense of achievement good progression opportunities lots of skills and knowledge to learn
Do it, it is incredibly rewarding and a great organization to work for.
Apprenticeship - Higher Level (Level 4/5/6/7)
Health & Social Care Services