1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Working within a classroom setting with colleagues and supporting children with special needs.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
To being able to communicate and work with children with special educational needs and showing patience.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
It was tough due to lock down and working towards an apprenticeship when trying to learn. Overall I enjoyed the course as it was varied each day.
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Due to lock down it was difficult being able to communicate with relevant people for support of the apprenticeship.
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Ongoing meetings throughout the apprenticeship and planned timetables so I knew what was happening at work and when I was needed and what I would be expected to do.
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
Towards the end of my apprenticeship I did not receive as much support as I would have liked. I emailed and telephoned for support to go through my reflective statement but had no support and was left to upload my statement to the gateway. Not sure if it was correct!
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
I had previously completed two apprenticeships and had basic knowledge of what was expected of me.
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
Drama Club and Multi Sports Club carried out in small groups
9a. Would you recommend Inspire ATA Ltd. to a friend?
The people are very nice and friendly but when you need to clarify and check a piece of work very poor in contacting you to give you that support. Started off really well but towards the end no body contacted me even when I was asking for support.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Inspire ATA Ltd.?
Make sure you keep trying to contact if you need support with anything as it can be scary being in the unknown. Don't be afraid to ask for help as this will help you progress with your qualification to complete on time.