1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
working towards better customer outcomes for those in financial difficulties
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
developed presentation skills but yet to use learning in my day job
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
its got better after we've passed through the theory of economics
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
all the support i need, but a littel disjointed to how the uni and my employer interact
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
all the support i need - except no tripartite review yet or 121 so a little unsure
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
started slowly but is improving - this is due to only one module covered
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
9a. Would you recommend HSBC to a friend?
trusted. reliable. fair pay for fair work
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to HSBC?
get a specialist skill to allow you to contribute more