1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
As a premier inn receptionist I sort out Checking in guests, organising housekeepers, checking rooms once cleaned, taking payments, general tidying, making delivery orders, making new reservations, sorting out old reservations, making phone calls and filing paperwork.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learned how to set out word documents and have improved on my customer service do's and don't.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I have found it hard but it has been a good push for me
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Very well structured
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Very good support from both my deputy manager and Hotel manager
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
The support has been amazing
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
This has given me load more confidence and the material I have learned I have been able to use
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
Pre covid yes.
9a. Would you recommend Whitbread to a friend?
I have been able to climb within whitbread even in the short time I have been with them
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Whitbread?
Take every opportunity given to you