Rating

5.5/10
  • 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
  • Carrying out team admin tasks, excel spreadsheets, basic manufacturing plant support tasks

• 2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
  • Developed some more skills using office computer systems

• 3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
  • The team are friendly and considerate but I do not find many of my tasks very engaging or interesting

• 4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
  • There does not seem to be much structure or formal engineering training involved, beyond the university studies.

• 5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
  • I receive help and support if I request it

• 6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
  • The standard of teaching and communication requires improvement. There is too much confusion and inconsistency, and the teaching methods are not engaging.

• 7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
  • I do not use much of my training in the workplace.

• 8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
  • Not at present, due to social restrictions due to CV19 but more social activities are planned for the future

• 9a. Would you recommend BMW Group to a friend?

• 9b. Why?
  • I have not found it to be a particularly engaging job. My colleagues are friendly and supportive but the apprenticeship content does not seem particularly structured. There is not much of a link between university and work, and there is very little formal training structure in place in the workplace

• 10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to BMW Group?
  • Examine the job specification closely to make sure the job you're applying for is what you are really expecting.

Details

Degree Apprenticeship / Sponsored Degree (Level 6/7)

Engineering & Manufacturing