1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
My current role is a PMO role which mainly involves managing inboxes, and actioning emails that come in to them, and keeping track of this on multiple excel and sharepoint trackers
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Since joining, through university I have greatly developed my coding skills and other technology skills. In my role I have developed my excel and communication skills, as well as learning general business skills
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I do enjoy working with my team and the company as a whole. while my role is not something I expected it is teaching me valuable skills and giving me knowledge about how the business works and interacts with clients.
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The program is very well organized, the induction was very informative, recently after they moved the lectures to during work hours we also got given time by the company during work hours so we can attend
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I receive a lot of support from my employer, I have bi-weakly calls with my manager to bring up any problems, the HR team have always been very supportive and willing to helps with any issues
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
The training provider has been very helpful, they make multiple times both in and out of work hours we can book, as well as always responding promptly to any queries by email
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
Currently there is a disconnect between what I am learning at university and my role, however this is something the business is looking into and will be changing in the future, as it was also made worse by the pandemic
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
We do have a monthly quizzes, and are planning more professional networking events in the future but obviously the pandemic has greatly affected this sort of thing
9a. Would you recommend Capgemini to a friend?
It is a good course, a lot of the work is very interesting and there is a really genuine opportunity for job progression during and after your course
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Capgemini?
read up on the business unit you are applying for, and f the mention a specific account read up on that too