Apprentice service technician at PSA Group

North East
March 2015

8.2/10

I am an apprentice service technician, and as such I carry out vehicle pre-delivery inspections and services. I also carry out level 2 repairs as and when required.

I am currently developing existing skills, however next year I shall be completing diagnostic work and will hopefully be learning new skills

I work with a great team and I am enjoying the garage culture. The company I work for is also a main dealer with a professional attitude which helps.

4. How valued do you feel by PSA Group?

I feel very valued by PSA, as they are putting me through an apprenticeship at such a late stage (I am now 26 yr old), however I am hoping to be allowed to do more technical jobs soon.

The external training for this apprenticeship is second to none and we are looked after well while we are at Coventry.

I have an external training manager visit me evry 2-3 months and make sure that I am getting the best from my apprenticeship.

I have a good support structure from my colleagues within the garage environment. My managers trust that I am recieving the support required and I feel able to talk to them if I have any problems, however it may sometimes take a couple of visits to see results.

As I am 26 yrs old with my own house I am on a slightly lower wage than I would like, however I understand this a temporary situation until I am qualified.

We dont have any company activities outside of work that I am aware of, however the garage is situated close to many amenities and is close enough to where I live.

9. Would you recommend PSA Group to a friend?

They are one of the largest companies within the motor trade and have a very good apprenticeship scheme.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to PSA Group?

I would advice that they have an interest in thenmotor trade and preferably experience working on vehicles before applying.