- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
- 3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
- 4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
- 5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
- 6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
- 7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
- 8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
- 9a. Would you recommend Thames Water to a friend?
- 9b. Why?
- 10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Thames Water?
I support Telephony applications, perform daily health checks, deal with major incidents and provide support on an Out of hours rota This is 2nd line IT Support
I have developed skills in handling major incidents, learned how to deal with problem records and also learned about Change Management Existing skills are troubleshooting skills which I have developed as a result of doing this role.
I enjoy this programme to an exceptional degree. It is fantastic in the learning curve and I am coming across so much that I have not before. I am amazed with what the programme is teaching me.
Very well organised. However I do feel the pace is faster than I can take on a number of occasions.
I receive great support from my employer. My employer is compassionate and puts people first. General attitude towards supporting me has been outstanding.
I receive a fine amount of support when it comes to training. I have monthly 1-1 reports which help me with my progress towards my qualifications.
My qualification boosts my knowledge and skill. i am putting the theory into practice. What happens here is that I understand IT networking and security better in my role than I did previously.
I do not get involved in these activities that much but I am a member of Christians at Work within my workplace. When not working I enjoy going to the Gym and also watching any films or TV shows but also very passionate about WWE. I attend Christian Worship aswell in my spare time and attend Church Service on Sundays.
Thames Water is a fantastic organisation for your personal and professional development. At Thames you will develop the passion for taking ownership and getting well educated while on the job. They put people first in all scenarios which is the main focus and you learn so much.
On applying to Thames, I would advise you to research the Company, dig into your experiences and get them out on paper before they leave your mind and also see the fantastic things that Thames Water do for the Community.
Apprenticeship - Advanced Level (Level 3)
Digital Media & IT