1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I assist with the hygiene management of projects and support project managers in the Services area at Microsoft.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Yes i joined microsoft in 2017 when I was 18 and have learned many skills such as time management, professionalism and taking responsibility
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
My time at Microsoft has not been smooth, it has been disorganised and I feel that my roles ive had is too much responsibility for an apprentice. However this has given me the opportunity to learn and develop quickly as well as being exposed to how the corporate world works
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
THe Aston side of my programme is great and very well organised and supported. Microsoft side has massively developed but has taken over 3 years to get in a good position.
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
First few years were difficult as the apprenticeship was not established and managers didnt understand the responsibility. Now things have improved and apprentices will get some form of support if needed.
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
Aston are very attentive and are willing to support me whenever I have questions or concerns. I am really impressed by how professional they handle how to support their students
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
My learnings so far from my degree can be applied directly to Microsoft as we study our own organisations for our assignment case studies.
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
Yes there are many groups/ events to participate in BAME, Womens groups, Early in Career etc
9a. Would you recommend Microsoft to a friend?
The company will expose you to the reality of the corporate world and put you in a great position for your career development. You will have the chance to meet people in and around the company and expand your network
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Microsoft?
You dont need to be technical or have a technical background to work here. Also, you need to be able to work from home