1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Working with the Project Management team on some of the most exciting projects taking place across the country. In Project Management (consulting) you are working closely with client and managing the project (and all it's stakeholders) from start to finish.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Technical Construction Knowledge Client facing skills Communication Contract Administration Time Management Cost Management Risk Management
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
The apprenticeship programme at Mace can be challenging at times, but overall I really enjoy it. There is lots of opportunity and you are given a good amount of responsibility and support to help you develop.
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Very well structured programme. Mace provide lots of internal training to support your day to day project work. We have 1 study each week where we attend university and the path for growth and promotion is well laid out.
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
There are lots of great people to turn to for support. From your Line Manager to other experienced professionals everybody is happy to help and want the best for you. The development of trainees is really important at Mace and you will be supported accordingly. You are allocated a 'buddy' when you start to answer any other questions you may not feel like asking more senior people. The HR team are also really helpful and support us.
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
The university have a good support network. You are assigned a mentor and a skills coach who you have regular contact with.
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
The Construction Management degree I am undertaking really helps to develop your technical construction knowledge which is vital to the day to day role.
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
The company hold numerous social events and there is a really diverse mix of people within Mace. We get a volunteering day each year which can be used however you wish, Mace also put events on with the local community.
9a. Would you recommend Mace Group to a friend?
Really great place to kick start a career in the construction industry.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Mace Group?
Make sure you understand the companies values.