1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I build the software on machines for new starters and replacement laptops. I work on IT support for internal issues that people have. I connect to them on Teams and in person. I also work in IT stores, providing deliveries and couriers for offboarding or kit returns for the company.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learned a lot of new skills so far, even within the first week of working I had learned a lot. My skill set continues to improve everyday and there is always something new for me to learn. I have also been developing on my existing skills within IT.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I very much enjoy the programme! My team, work and environment are all great, productive and enjoyable. I have not had a day where I didn't enjoy myself and continue to look forward to more days in the job. I also look forward to what more the apprenticeship will provide.
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The apprenticeship programme is very well organised and structured. It has a clear and understandable approach to it. It does not seem stressful, but is very productive and provides a lot of knowledge and skills within a short amount of time. Overall I have no issues with it and I'm impressed by how it's set out.
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
My employer provides a massive amount of support for me. From starting the apprenticeship, I have received multiple people checking up on me and making sure I'm okay and getting on alright. If I am stuck or need help, I can receive support within minutes from a lot of people.
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
So far I have received good support from them, they have given me a buddy to contact if I need help as well as different contact details if I have an queries. They have shown me the overview of what they will provide and where I can go for assistance.
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
The training defiantly helps me in my role and in my area. It will help me on a day to day basis and I will be able to use what I've learnt. I will know more about my job role through the training they provide me and it's very useful.
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
Yes, there are many extra-curricular activities to get involved with. There are many groups and different online chats to do what I am keen with. If there is one I can not find, they can help support and set up one for me and get others involved with it as well.
9a. Would you recommend Capgemini to a friend?
Capgemini has amazing ethics and values. The work environment is very friendly, fun and productive. The different schemes and benefits are great and I have used a lot of them. I would highly recommend any of my friends to join this company as I can not find anything wrong with it.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Capgemini?
I would say to research the company. All it's different ethics and values. What the company does as a whole but also some individual areas, pick the ones that you find interesting and are relevant to the role you're looking for. Just do your best and give it your all.