1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I am a H R business partner for Greene King and that involves me working oth operationally and strategically with the Ops Managers and the Business Development Managers on their people plan. Coming up with strategy for the people and how we can operationalise them and make them effective as possible
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Absolutely, I feel that this course has made me a more rounded operator as well as an employee. I can take forward lots of useful and interesting models into my day to day work bring them to life when working with my colleagues and general managers and team of the businesses.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I thoroughly enjoyed the programme. The course was engaging in that there was a mixture of online webinars and physical in person skills days, which really gave great benefit. The assignments were interesting to write and although daunting, the End Point Assessment procedure was equally interesting to complete as the assessor was great.
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The structure is very well organised. All dates and times were agreed from the outset whcih enabled diary planning to happen right from the beginning. There were no dates or times that were sprung upon anybody and if there did need to be adjustments they could be made with ease
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Greene King have been very supportive of my journey. From my numerous line managers throughout the journey to the HR Business Partners and the supporting apprenticeship team - have all given great encouragement to just get on with it and get it completed, even when there were times I was considering that it wasn't for me.
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
The support that was provided from lifetime has been exemplary and I cannot begin to put into words how great my coach Louise Stringer has been - she is an asset to the organisation and must have the absolute patience of a saint. She does her job to 100% effort and delivers what she says she will!
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
The skill I have learnt are fantastic - there are numerous models and theories that I can bring to life in day to day work and make them come alive with the people I work with and the people that I support. It has absolutely made me a more effective employee.
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
Yes - there are numerous social events usually in times without COVID. There are also lots of employee led groups now such as the L G B T Q + society as well as the Your Voice forums. Although not applicable to myself there is the female workers society and the BAME group.
9a. Would you recommend Greene King to a friend?
Greene King is a fantastic employer. I have worked for the company for the last 14 years and have progressed through the ranks from washing pots in a kitchen to now being a HR Business Partner. I have worked all roles within a pub and ran three businesses myself. I have been an area manager as well.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Greene King?
Absolutely apply! We are driving change through our unleashed programme currently and totally revamping our culture and values - Greene King always has been a great place to work, but it is getting even better. Absolutely no doubt that I would recommend Greene King as a place to work and nationally also.