Electrical maintenance apprentice at Schneider Electric

Plymouth
May 2021

Connect with Schneider Electric

6.4/10

Repairing and maintaining machinery, with other electrical work such as setting up networks for fault finding

Yes, such as using a bandsaw, how to work safely with electrical equipment and how to lock it off. As well as many other skills

It is hard work, as you start at 7am and finish at 4pm, but by the time you get to the end of the week it does feel good to have had a good weeks work

It depends on whether machines are on a break down, so the work can change from day to day.

I get help from people who I'm working with and others around me, and they educate me with their experience

They are all really supportive in the work in the classroom, but where ever they could online

I think each area supports each other, so the things i learn from college can help with work and visa versa.

They have Pilates, but nothing else that i know of yet, as covid could restrict them from happening

9a. Would you recommend Schneider Electric to a friend?

They are a world wide company that caries for its employees and was awarded the most eco company of 2020

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Schneider Electric?

pay attention and focus