1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Repairing and maintaining machinery, with other electrical work such as setting up networks for fault finding
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Yes, such as using a bandsaw, how to work safely with electrical equipment and how to lock it off. As well as many other skills
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
It is hard work, as you start at 7am and finish at 4pm, but by the time you get to the end of the week it does feel good to have had a good weeks work
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
It depends on whether machines are on a break down, so the work can change from day to day.
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I get help from people who I'm working with and others around me, and they educate me with their experience
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
They are all really supportive in the work in the classroom, but where ever they could online
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
I think each area supports each other, so the things i learn from college can help with work and visa versa.
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
They have Pilates, but nothing else that i know of yet, as covid could restrict them from happening
9a. Would you recommend Schneider Electric to a friend?
They are a world wide company that caries for its employees and was awarded the most eco company of 2020
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Schneider Electric?
pay attention and focus
More from Schneider ElectricMore Reviews Company Profile
Technical Sales Engineer Apprentice
the main thing I enjoy about my job is how different each day is. There is always something in my calendar, whether it is spending time in the office, a site visit, training or a customer/internal event.