1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I am responsible for educating and training front of house team making sure all Pret standards are kept in use. Also, I am responsible for dealing with customers complaints, all cash handling, banking and safe procedures. Making sure daily ordering follows shops needs, people always follow health and safety standards and the shop is clean.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I really improved multitasking as during daily shifts I have to deal with many issues at the same time. I also improved my time management even I still have to work with this skill. Another thing which I really improved I started to understand people with different accents or languages disabilities. And I got excellent with calming difficult situations while customers are complaining.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I really enjoy this program as it lets me improve my skills and it sharpening my personality. I enjoy working with people as everyone is different and has different needs. Specially working for company like Pret make me feell I have future after I finish this program not just with Pret but I will have also open doors in other companies.
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
My program is very well organised and I use to find very useful information while going thru it even I just started 2 month ago. If I need something my tutor is always helpful and ready to give me advice or point me different direction. I also really like all my online trainings.
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
My manager is always ready to help me with all my questions or tasks which I need to follow while going thru my training. He also always make sure he adjusts rota for my monthly visits so I really appreciate it. I always feel support from my managers in all ways .
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
My tutor is amazing, she is always happy to answer all my questions or navigate me while I am working thru all my tasks. She is always so positive and ready to help. She always gives me feedback trying to make me feel positive about my training. I really enjoy studying with her.
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
While working thru my qualification I have been learning a lot about my job and I always like to use it while I work. It make me realise some things and really opened my eyes. I have been just starting with my program but I already improved and I already got positive feedback from my managers about it.
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
No I don't do any extra activities at a moment.
9a. Would you recommend Pret A Manger to a friend?
I was working in hospitality industry before but after I started to work for Pret I also started to grow professionally. After 9 moths working for Pret I was in training to be leader and since then I also already made huge step up. I can see my skills are improving and I see I am also learning new skill. In other way Pret provide stabile job and they look after people.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Pret A Manger?
Don't be scared, be nice and honest and always be professional. Be friendly but keep your personal life separated to your work. Always look at your co-workers, if someone is better in work which you also do, ask them. How are you doing it ? And then do it in their way.