- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
- 3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
- 4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
- 5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
- 6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
- 7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
- 8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
- 9a. Would you recommend Whitbread to a friend?
- 9b. Why?
- 10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Whitbread?
I manage the operational aspects of our Apprenticeship programmes.
I have developed my knowledge and understanding of the wider HR function and how this impacts on the investment in our human capital. I also, have a much better appreciation for how HR can influence business strategy and should uphold the ethical and social responsibility.
I have very much enjoyed my learning journey and have taken a lot from the experience. I have however found it very challenging at times to manage my time.
My programme has been very well structured and has introduced topics in a very engaging and digestible fashion.
My line manager has attended every one of my meetings with my assessor and coach. I have been fully supported and recognized for my achievement throughout.
I have regular visits with my learning coach and I attend regular informative webinars with my assessor. Any queries I have had have been addressed promptly and I feel supported and guided through the process.
I feel that I have gained a much broader perspective and I have been pushed to work closer with HR colleagues. Both of these have had a beneficial impact on my ability and performance in my current role.
We have regular welfare meetings and social catch ups with colleges (such at coffee afternoons and quiz nights) that have been very beneficial during the lock down period.
It is a brilliant place to work, filled with great people. They encourage personal and professional development and genuinely invest in their people at all levels.
It is a wonderful place to work and take advantage of all the development and career opportunities that are afforded to you.
Apprenticeship - Higher Level (Level 4/5/6/7)
Catering & Hospitality