Rating

9.6/10
  • 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
  • I manage the operational aspects of our Apprenticeship programmes.

• 2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
  • I have developed my knowledge and understanding of the wider HR function and how this impacts on the investment in our human capital. I also, have a much better appreciation for how HR can influence business strategy and should uphold the ethical and social responsibility.

• 3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
  • I have very much enjoyed my learning journey and have taken a lot from the experience. I have however found it very challenging at times to manage my time.

• 4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
  • My programme has been very well structured and has introduced topics in a very engaging and digestible fashion.

• 5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
  • My line manager has attended every one of my meetings with my assessor and coach. I have been fully supported and recognized for my achievement throughout.

• 6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
  • I have regular visits with my learning coach and I attend regular informative webinars with my assessor. Any queries I have had have been addressed promptly and I feel supported and guided through the process.

• 7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
  • I feel that I have gained a much broader perspective and I have been pushed to work closer with HR colleagues. Both of these have had a beneficial impact on my ability and performance in my current role.

• 8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
  • We have regular welfare meetings and social catch ups with colleges (such at coffee afternoons and quiz nights) that have been very beneficial during the lock down period.

• 9a. Would you recommend Whitbread to a friend?

• 9b. Why?
  • It is a brilliant place to work, filled with great people. They encourage personal and professional development and genuinely invest in their people at all levels.

• 10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Whitbread?
  • It is a wonderful place to work and take advantage of all the development and career opportunities that are afforded to you.

Details

Apprenticeship - Higher Level (Level 4/5/6/7)

Catering & Hospitality