1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I am trained by experience instructors on both theoretical and practical skills. I am able to practice these skills in a number of ways including relevant situations that benefit me post apprenticeship.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learnt lots of new practical skills relating to my trade and developed on many that I had coming into the scheme.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoy most of my experiences on the programme. Im very happy in my position and know it will take me far if I work hard.
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
My programme is managed very well and is structed perfectly to fit criteria post appreticeship.
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I receive a fantastic amount of support from everyone in the organisation. They are keen to help with any situation both professional and personal.
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
I receive a good amount of help from my provider, enough for me to not have to struggle with the qualification when things get tough.
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
My training gives me knowledge that can be applied during my apprenticeship. This is strictly theoretical knowledge.
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
Yes there are but they have been stopped due to Covid-19.
9a. Would you recommend AWE to a friend?
I believe it is a company with a high skill cap. It is an organisation that treats you well and can provide many benefits and opportunities for anyone.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to AWE?
Make sure you are happy to commit the 3 year training programme and have a genuine interest in your field of work/study.