Electronic Engineer at AWE

2020
Aldermaston
April 2021

Connect with AWE

I am trained by experience instructors on both theoretical and practical skills. I am able to practice these skills in a number of ways including relevant situations that benefit me post apprenticeship.

I have learnt lots of new practical skills relating to my trade and developed on many that I had coming into the scheme.

I enjoy most of my experiences on the programme. Im very happy in my position and know it will take me far if I work hard.

My programme is managed very well and is structed perfectly to fit criteria post appreticeship.

I receive a fantastic amount of support from everyone in the organisation. They are keen to help with any situation both professional and personal.

I receive a good amount of help from my provider, enough for me to not have to struggle with the qualification when things get tough.

My training gives me knowledge that can be applied during my apprenticeship. This is strictly theoretical knowledge.

Yes there are but they have been stopped due to Covid-19.

9a. Would you recommend AWE to a friend?

I believe it is a company with a high skill cap. It is an organisation that treats you well and can provide many benefits and opportunities for anyone.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to AWE?

Make sure you are happy to commit the 3 year training programme and have a genuine interest in your field of work/study.