1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I machine parts and jobs for my apprenticeship to sow that I am a competent machinist
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I've learnt a lot of specialized skills in the mechanical engineering sector. I have also learnt a lot of social skills from working for a company and talking to long time employees
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I quite enjoy the job but mainly because of my colleagues
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The program is well structured from starting at the company to where I am now
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I receive as much support as I need
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
I receive as much as I need
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
The theory learning does help practically
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
yes but I do not join in
9a. Would you recommend AWE to a friend?
It is a good company to work for with lots of benefits available
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to AWE?
The normal interview advice. As it is an apprenticeship they take people of any ability level