- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
- 3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
- 4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
- 5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
- 6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
- 7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
- 8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
- 9a. Would you recommend Adactus Housing Association to a friend?
- 9b. Why?
- 10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Adactus Housing Association?
I am a trainee commercial account handler that on a day to day basis assists the account executives with commercial and property insurance broking. I am in regular contact by phone and email with insurers and clients, using an insurance platform called Acturis to input client needs details and insurance policies.
I have learnt many new skills and also developed many existing skills since i started my job. Existing skills include computer skills with emails and online platforms, communication through email and verbally through phone calls. New skills are things like knowledge of the insurance market and products which i previously had no idea of.
I really enjoy my programme and my role. Everyday in work is different for me, whether it is speaking to someone new and building relationships with clients and insurers, or new business enquires or existing policies that i learn off on the job are really beneficial to me, and i enjoy every single day.
I think that my programme is very well structured and organised. I like that i have my own coach who gives me the personal and effective support when i have any queries or worries. I think being able to choose the modules i want to complete to fit into my role will be really helpful for my progress.
I receive support every day from my employer with any worries or questions that i have. I have monthly reviews where i can express anything i need in my role and anything that i want to change. Any questions i have they answer and they help me at any point where i get stuck.
Davies are great at supporting me in my role. They always check in on me, how i feel and take a general interest in me. My coach organises a monthly review and provides extra support for me if i need help with assignments/exams/work. I would recommend them to anyone.
I definitely think my qualification will be very helpful for my role. The modules i have to pass are all relevant to my day to day jobs, and the support i gain along the way from my employer and my training provider is also very helpful for me in the future.
At the moment because of COVID-19 a lot of the events i wouldve been able to attend and get involved in have been set back or cancelled, but there are still many activities that are available at this moment in time through online platforms like Zoom, where i can get involved in webinars.
I would recommend the training provider to everyone i know, they are really professional and helpful in their work and know exactly what you need and how to get it. They offer extra support for any worries in and out of work and are definitely one to recommend to a friend.
I would advise for the person to just be themselves and be confident in their ability. It is also really beneficial for them to ask any questions they have if they ever get stuck or have any queries on anything they aren't sure about. I think that it a main tip.
Apprenticeship - Higher Level (Level 4/5/6/7)