- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
- 3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
- 4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
- 5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
- 6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
- 7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
- 8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
- 9a. Would you recommend M&G to a friend?
- 9b. Why?
- 10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to M&G?
As a software tester i work closely with Software Developers and assist in quality assurance in order to make sure that the quality of product being deployed is to the best standard it can be.
I have gained much knowledge of the ways of working in a professional environment and developed well with my IT skills. I also feel i have gained experience in communication and being able to find good solutions to problems.
I love being able to work collaboratively with my colleagues as well as learn and understand from one another. I really enjoy completing large bodies of work and gain a real sense of accomplishment from this.
Scheduling for my programme is very professional and flexible and allows me to prioritise greatly when dealing with my work parallel to my qualifications.
I receive a great amount of support from all aspects of the organisation including support officers from the qualification side of the programme as well as my colleagues when working on projects.
Frequent meetings are held to track the progress of my qualifications and are incredibly useful if ever i am struggling with a specific aspect of an assignment.
In a general sense i feel that my assignments given to me by my training provider allow me to focus on different scenarios that could possibly arise within the work place. When it comes to mandatory courses i feel that some could be directed more towards my job role specifically.
There are many different activities that are held on the company intranet page as well as quizes and events that are held through your team usually as a fun down time teams call. the categories of events vary and allow people who have many different interests to join.
The organisation as a hole are very clear and precise as to what their goal is which is to be the best and most loved savings and investments company there is. The reason i like working here so much is due to their devotion towards their customers.
Try to be yourself as much as possible as this company is incredibly diverse and have people with broad ways of thinking to deliver the best possible outcomes.
Apprenticeship - Higher Level (Level 4/5/6/7)
Digital Media & IT