1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Advising the business on day to day colleague engagement to provide an environment that's a great place to work
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I've learnt about life in a non-retail environment and the production that goes on behind the scenes, as well as greater stakeholder management
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
Allows me to learn new areas of the business and develop in new potential areas of the business that will help further my career
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Very well organised. Not too overloading from a deadline perspective and works alongside our personal development ambitions
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Could be better. Ideally we should receive one day a week to work on university goals, which rarely happens. Also still trying to get a workplace mentor
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
A fair amount. They're always available if you need help. Some lecturers have not been as clear as some others but, on the whole, it's been positive
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
It allows me to focus on my personal skills and broaden my experience to help me understand the wider business and the impact of other departments
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
Slightly limited at the moment with home working and the pandemic. Possibly a future opportunity
9a. Would you recommend Bakkavor to a friend?
A good company with ambitious talent plans and a strong plan for the next few years
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Bakkavor?
Be open to learning new things and be ambitious!