aprentice techincian at PSA Group

South East
February 2015

7.1/10

apprentice technician assist technicians with there tasks and with my own eg tyre changes, top up fluids on cars. i have to do weekly ramp checks. i do a mix of things on a day to day basis i could be doing a service and then after i could be replacing an engine.

i have gained a hybrid level 1 exam what was very intresting i havent put that into practise yet. i already have a level 1 and 2 city and guilds qulification for vehicle maitiance. i have learned alot more being at a garage than i did at college you start getting into the routine of things and everything starts to become easier eg servicing and repairs.

i enjoy the work alot when i get to do stuff by myself it makes me feel iv achevied alot. the team here is very good i enjoy coming in everyday unlike other things. it met my expectations very well.

4. How valued do you feel by PSA Group?

i get alot of appreciation from my workshop control.

it is very well structured at the training centre but i havent had a work to bring back with me so i wouldent know.

there is alot of support offered to us from our trainer.

i get alot of support off my employer when needed.

well not right now but hopefully when i get a pay rise it will help.

not really.

9. Would you recommend PSA Group to a friend?

because its a good place to start and learn and grow your knowledge.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to PSA Group?

have a good cv be well presented be nice and early and theres a good car scheme programe what saves me alot of money transport.