1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
apprentice technician assist technicians with there tasks and with my own eg tyre changes, top up fluids on cars. i have to do weekly ramp checks. i do a mix of things on a day to day basis i could be doing a service and then after i could be replacing an engine.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
i have gained a hybrid level 1 exam what was very intresting i havent put that into practise yet. i already have a level 1 and 2 city and guilds qulification for vehicle maitiance. i have learned alot more being at a garage than i did at college you start getting into the routine of things and everything starts to become easier eg servicing and repairs.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
i enjoy the work alot when i get to do stuff by myself it makes me feel iv achevied alot. the team here is very good i enjoy coming in everyday unlike other things. it met my expectations very well.
4. How valued do you feel by PSA Group?
i get alot of appreciation from my workshop control.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
it is very well structured at the training centre but i havent had a work to bring back with me so i wouldent know.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
there is alot of support offered to us from our trainer.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
i get alot of support off my employer when needed.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
well not right now but hopefully when i get a pay rise it will help.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
9. Would you recommend PSA Group to a friend?
because its a good place to start and learn and grow your knowledge.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to PSA Group?
have a good cv be well presented be nice and early and theres a good car scheme programe what saves me alot of money transport.