Technical Site Build Engineer apprentice at Virgin Media

Birmingham
March 2021

Connect with Virgin Media

8.4/10

I work in different technical sites helping upgrade and build the Virgin Media network.

I have developed my existing skills like teamwork and communication skills. I have also gained many new skills like making up cables and working with fibres.

I enjoy coming into work and learning something new everyday. I love working with my colleagues and believe I work in a very supportive and healthy environment.

Imagine yourself working at Virgin Media

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 3 roles at Virgin Media

The programme is well structured but we have had a few setbacks as the training dates kept changing and had no consistency.

Fellow engineers at Virgin Media are really supportive and help me if ever I am in need. I always know I can rely on their support.

We have training sessions every month but they have been remote so sometimes it has been difficult to grasp all the information.

The information is quite general and more related to IT than our technical site build department so I would say it doesn't help a great deal.

Yes we have regular meetings with members of other teams and even have word puzzles and quizzes every week.

9a. Would you recommend Virgin Media to a friend?

It is a great employer and you will get all the support you need along with great benefits.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Virgin Media?

Always be yourself and try to enjoy the job you are applying for.