Pilot Plant Apprentice at Premier Foods

2021
Lifton
March 2021

Connect with Premier Foods

-Assisting with the running and maintenance of the pilot plant. This involves weighing up ingredients, making up batches and processing the product. -Adhering to good hygiene, health and safety and GMP -Ensuring the end product meets the expectations set -Working between several products throughout the week -Data collecting and record keeping

I learn something every day without even realising it, whether it’s a new skill, a better understanding of the industry or personal development through work. I'm doing a level 3 with the apprenticeship but there are opportunity to do additional courses alongside this. I've learnt a lot about the industry through doing this.

Imagine yourself working at Premier Foods

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 2 roles at Premier Foods

9a. Would you recommend Premier Foods to a friend?

The apprenticeships offered by Premier Foods gives a unique look into the food manufacturing industry. The training and support offered is good along with the future job prosperities with them. The apprenticeship gives me the ability to learn alongside working with knowledgeable colleagues and earning a liveable wage.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Premier Foods?

Don’t not get put off by not knowing anything about the food industry as it soon becomes clear! If there is ever anything you do not understand I can ask anyone, and they explain what they are doing and how their role fits in with the bigger picture. A willingness to learn is worth more than previous knowledge in my experience