1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
No day is the same in surveying at Savills. As a graduate apprentice, you get involved in multiple projects from diversification, maintenance, client meetings and tenancy agreements.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
The role has improved my communication skills as from day one you are interacting with clients and contractors solving potential issues. It has also developed my ability to solve problems.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
The scheme has been very enjoyable. The team are very welcoming and a significant effort has been made to make sure graduates can meet each other despite the pandemic. Everyday is different which makes the job and scheme exciting.
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The apprenticeship is well organised. You receive 20% off the job training which gives you the time to structure your study around work.
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
The help from my employer is superior. Working with some of the best professionals in the industry means there is always an opportunity to learn.
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
The training provider arranges calls between myself and a mentor to keep track of my progress. Forums are also available so there can still be discussion between students despite the course being online.
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
There is a large cross over between the university course and work. I am inputting things I learn at university on a day to day basis, this knowledge is further built upon by discussions within my team.
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
The team have been incredibly welcoming and there have been multiple opportunities to get to know everyone from lunches to other events.
9a. Would you recommend Savills to a friend?
I would recommend Savills as you get first-hand experience from the very start of the graduate scheme. Working alongside industry experts and becoming involved in projects helps to build your knowledge.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Savills?