Maintenance/Mechatronics Engineer at Rolls-Royce

2020
Bristol
February 2021

Connect with Rolls-Royce

When onsite working, my role is to be a maintenance technician. This means carrying out planned scheduled maintenance and repair work on the machinery on site.

During my time in college and onsite I have been able to develop and learn new skills; such as maintenance and diagnostic techniques, hand fitting skills, using production machinery (milling and turning machines), electrical and mechanical principles and robotics.

I really enjoy the programme that I am on. This is because of the range and variation of work that I undertake as well as the depth of knowledge and skills I am learning.

Imagine yourself working at Rolls-Royce

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 1 role at Rolls-Royce

It is well structured; there is a clear plan of the necessary work that needs to be done and the deadlines are clear and provides me with enough time to complete the work.

Rolls-Royce offers a wide range of support if I need it. They offer professional support as well as personal support

The college provides a lot of support including support sessions to help with any subjects that i need assistance with. Staff are all friendly and will help out whenever they can.

The course that I am doing has made an immediate impact with what I do in the workplace. I have been able to use the knowledge I have learned to understand how they machinery at my workplace functions and help to diagnose any issues with them.

My workplace has offered optional webinars and extra sessions to get involved with that includes other employees that are not apprentices.

9a. Would you recommend Rolls-Royce to a friend?

Rolls-Royce is a great employer due to their care and trust of their employees and the high level of help they provide. the course is very in depth and the work placements allow you to get fully involved with the area that you will eventually work in.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Rolls-Royce?

Read up about the history of Rolls-Royce and understand where they started and how they operate now. Look at their current projects as well as future prospects. Be confident in yourself and take part.