Aon Apprentice at Aon

Yorkshire & The Humber
February 2015

My job title is an Aon Apprentice. My daily tasks have shifted now more towards client work having being more admin prior to this and me gaining experience. I converse with my collegues in the office and around the country as well as insurers and occasionally clients themselves. I have now been handed 4-5 of my own clients which i will service and be the day to day contact for.

Last year I passed my M92 exam which taught me new skills. I am also currently participating in some internal foundation training which takes a closer look at the main policy lines such as EL and motor. I am always developing new skills in my day to day job role as I work closely with my collegues.

I very much enjoy my program especially now that I have been given increased responsibilites and my own clients to further develop myself.

4. How valued do you feel by Aon?

I feel highly valued by Aon, lots of senior people in the business are very interested and ask about how I'm doing or what the apprentices are up to. I have been awarded a number of 'Aon Stars' which is internal recognition.

The structure of the program is continually very good. we are currently particiapating in the Brathay Apprentice challenge.

Our training provider is very good and offer plenty of support when doing exams and coursework. They are always on hand to answer any questions or give advice on a piece of work.

Aon is extreamly supportive of the apprenfice program. My manager supports me and makes sure that I always understand what neeeds to be done and is there to point me in the right direction. The HR team is good and available if I have any problems

The package I'm on here is very good. I get access to all the normal benefits that any other Aon employees gets. I can conver my living costs but the hardest is my travel costs. Due to me living at home I have a long commute into work which is expensive, however the wage covers this and I have already started building my pension.

There are some events that I have been to although they have mainly been internal events.

9. Would you recommend Aon to a friend?

Because of the fantastic opportunities Aon offer

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Aon?

Be yourself and remember that Aon aren't all about the grades. They want to make sure that the Apprentice they are hiring also has something about them, and is a good people person.