Flying Start Degree programme-FS1-London at PwC

Degree Apprenticeship / Sponsored Degree (Level 6/7)
December 2020

Connect with PwC

8.1/10

My role was as an auditor working with the engagement team. My activities usually involved helping the team out where necessary and generally learning the ins and outs of being an auditor. Daily tasks include documenting of evidence and corroborating explanations for variances.

I have further developed my communication skills, enhanced intuition and completed multiple training courses enhancing my auditing skills

I really enjoy the programme, especially as its a virtual placement

Imagine yourself working at PwC

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 10 roles at PwC

very well organised, induction was clear with timetable, however sometimes we overran by an hour or more. There was multiple methods of support all offering a unique take on a situation which was very needed. It is almost impossible to study whilst doing the placement due to expected responsibilities. There is a clear structure to team and tasks are delegated appropriately, however sometimes not clear who is responsible for what.

Lots of support from manager, HR team was accessible, people are generally willing to help and the overall attitude is good

Occasional meeting with tutor to check in. Would be good to have more hands on support/ checking up on

Everything I do has a direct positive effect on my job

There were multiple events to take part in online, I did not partake as I wanted to concentrate on placement and studies

9a. Would you recommend PwC to a friend?

Brilliant employer, love the job and the sense of unity within the firm. Everyone is nice and respectful and employees are viewed as assets rather than just a resource

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to PwC?

Be yourself and sufficiently plan, no point in tailoring anything to try and portraying yourself in a way inaccurate to actual self