1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Opening up at 5-30 setting up breakfast serving customers then getting the bar ready for lunch then serving lunches taking payments. Opening the tills take in beer delivery training staff
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
How to use a computer to open up the tills and how to train new staff
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I really enjoyed working with my trainer as he was very understanding and was there when i needed him
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Very well organised and very helpful
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
The managment were there to help at all times they explained things so i knew what was expected of me
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
He was always there at the end of the phone and took the time to listen and advise on anything i wasn't sure of
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
It helps me to train staff it also helps me understand what my employer is looking for and how i can best do my job. This also helps me to do the best i can and carry on learning.
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
We have nights out with the staff such as bowling this is for team building and of course some fun as we'll
9a. Would you recommend Greene King to a friend?
They are a great company to work for its not just all about money they care about there staff
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Greene King?
Greeneking allows you to develop your skills and experience at your own pace they encourage you to to move on to the next stage of learning no matter what your age