1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
My role so far has been a mixture of shadowing members of the OLE (overhead line) team during design stages, and various CAD work.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learnt allot about the railway and overhead lines in particular. My excel skills have got significantly better, and my cad skills have developed allot too.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I'm enjoying the program allot, the company has been great to work for and the mixture of work/uni has been great too.
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The program feels very well organised, and if not things seem to get fixed very quickly.
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Personally I have gotten allot of support and the company seems eager to see us apprentices develop into engineers.
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
Sheffield hallam on the whole has been good. A few problems to begins with bit nothing that didn't get resolved and hasn't effected my progress at all.
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
My qualification will help allot in my role and help me progress further.
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
I'm not entirely sure as I started post covid
9a. Would you recommend Amey Consulting to a friend?
Company is very supportive, offers an excellent program and competitive salary.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Amey Consulting?
Keep to the point, do allot of research on the company and what they do and just be yourself.