Business Services Trainee at Wright Vigar

Lincoln
July 2020

6.4/10

Basic accounts preparation, VAT returns, Audit work and bookkeeping tasks.

I have learnt many new skills in accountancy and IT, especially in spreadsheets.

I enjoyed the programme. I liked being out of work for one day a week to study and it allowed me to connect with people working in different environments.

The programme was very well structured with one day a week being dedicated to study. There was a clear timetable from the start showing lessons and exams.

I received a great deal of support from my employer, giving me extra time to study before an exam.

The tutors were always available via email if/when required. We chad a bit of flexibility in lessons before exams so we could revise topics we felt less confident on.

It helped studying alongside working as it solidified what I was learning in college. I could put what I had learnt in the classroom into practice.

There was a good social committee at my workplace. We often had sporting events and weekends away. There were quizzes held regularly too.

9a. Would you recommend Wright Vigar to a friend?

The company was very welcoming and all the people who worked there were supportive and friendly.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Wright Vigar?

Try to get involved with as much as possible such as the social events and networking.