1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Working with technology teams, management and/or data scientists to set goals Mining data from primary and secondary sources
Cleaning and dissecting data to get rid of irrelevant information
Analyzing and interpreting results using statistical tools and techniques
Pinpointing trends and patterns in data sets
Identifying new opportunities for process improvement
Providing data reports for management
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
New Data analyst tools e.g. SQL, R
Managing a project
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I love it !
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The programme could've been a little more organised in the sense that when I first joined the team the role as a data analyst had not yet been defined. Line managers need to get trained on how to manage apprentices as some line managers are new to this.
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Whenever I need help Its just a email / instant message away.
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
Very supportive and always there to help.
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
It gives me the knowledge which I then can apply into my day to day role.
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
Plenty of extra curricular activities.
9a. Would you recommend Unilever to a friend?
WHY NOT ? Unilever is a recognised global company. With so many incentives and development opportunities.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Unilever?
Be yourself, research the companies values and do a little research into the apprenticeship you're applying for.