1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I am a mechanical fitter in Core Assembly at Siemens. I build small gas turbines for the power industry. I have recently undergone my assessor training through Lincoln college to further my career and so I can assess the apprentices at Siemens.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have improved my people skills and I now feel confident assessing apprentices to ensure they achieve their qualification.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
Very much so as it enables me to interact with apprentices and I feel responsibility for ensuring their portfolio is accurate.
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Very well structured and I was always kept informed of how my course was progressing.
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Very supportive employer, helpful with regards to them allowing me to assess apprentices and further my career.
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
Lots of support and advice we're provided at all times.
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
Very much so as it helps further my career.
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
9a. Would you recommend Siemens to a friend?
Because it offers a wide range of skills to help your career path.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Siemens?
To join as they provide great opportunities to progress yourself and employees are well looked after