Mechanical Fitter at Siemens

Lincoln
Other
July 2020

Connect with Siemens

I am a mechanical fitter in Core Assembly at Siemens. I build small gas turbines for the power industry. I have recently undergone my assessor training through Lincoln college to further my career and so I can assess the apprentices at Siemens.

I have improved my people skills and I now feel confident assessing apprentices to ensure they achieve their qualification.

Very much so as it enables me to interact with apprentices and I feel responsibility for ensuring their portfolio is accurate.

Very well structured and I was always kept informed of how my course was progressing.

Very supportive employer, helpful with regards to them allowing me to assess apprentices and further my career.

Lots of support and advice we're provided at all times.

Very much so as it helps further my career.

Yes plenty.

9a. Would you recommend Siemens to a friend?

Because it offers a wide range of skills to help your career path.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Siemens?

To join as they provide great opportunities to progress yourself and employees are well looked after