1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I am carer who looks after children with physical and learning disabilities in a respite residential setting. We do all their personal care and assist them with any other of their needs. We provide activities to help to children develop and encourage their independence moving into adult life.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
From this training I have learnt things about legislation. A lot of the course is writing about respective learning.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
It is very time consuming and sometimes you seem to write loads of information and really all that is required is a few sentences to answer the questions. Maybe a word count on each question to give learners an idea of how much there should be writing.
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
With having to cover so many different elements you can disheartnened because you think you have done loads of work and your progress is hardly increasing.
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
They are also available to help if needed.
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
I can email or ring her and usually get a responce within 48hrs. She also contacts me to tell me her movements and when she is going on holiday.
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
I think it is a very retrospective course where you are writing about the job you have done by doing reflective accounts.
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
9a. Would you recommend Lincolnshire County Council to a friend?
They are well respected company, provide good wages and work / life balance relationships. They also provide a good pension scheme
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Lincolnshire County Council?
Their interview process is not the norm. Do your homework and go through the job description and give examples for each area of the job description. Give the best examples for the for the first few areas of the job description. It is is number order so number 1 is most essential part of the job whereas number 10 is a lot less inportant about the job.