1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
• Liaising with dedicated Account Managers to produce quotes within set time frame • Processing confirmed orders immediately to maximise delivery periods • To produce quotations accurately and to update databases with the relevant information • Prioritising my own workload to ensure all deadlines are met • To liaise with different teams / departments to ensure smooth collection of relevant information and efficient order execution • To answer all telephone calls in a polite and professional manner and to respond to emails quickly and efficiently • Assist with after service care, liaising with the Service department to ensure that customers receive the best service possible • To provide reception cover and other general administration duties including covering the Sales Support Manager as directed in their absence
I also assist a dedicated Account Manager in completing tenders. I manage and compile tender documentation for production before checking and reviewing the completed tender documents for accuracy and content. I also format the documents to company standards to ensure that they are submitted in a professional manner. I am then responsible for ensuring that the completed tenders are successfully uploaded online or printed out and delivered via courier in a company presentation pack, ensuring that they look professional, follow the defined tender guidelines and are delivered to the relevant destination in time.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learnt lots of new skills whilst working at Pulse Fitness Ltd, I have gained extensive knowledge in Microsoft Office programmes such as Word, Excel and Outlook. I have also gained lots of customer service skills by liaising with customers via email, over the phone and face to face, and have gained more confidence in myself and my abilities.
Whilst working at Pulse Fitness I have completed a Level 2 Business Administration qualification and I am now working towards a Level 3 Business Administration qualification. I have also earned a First Aider at Work qualification whilst working at Pulse Fitness.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I really enjoy working towards the Level 3 Business Administration qualification as I am still learning new things whilst doing a job that I love. All of the training that I complete is whilst I am at work and Pulse Fitness are really flexible and allow me to complete my qualification in my working hours.
I enjoy completing training courses, such as the Virtual College modules as I am constantly learning new tips and tricks that I can apply to my job role. For example, I completed a module on Microsoft Word and gained lots of knowledge on how to change the formatting of an entire document at once, rather than having to repeat the process over and over, which I can then apply to my job role to speed things up and make them more efficient.
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
My programme is really well organised, my Trainer Assessor books in any meetings / sessions well in advance and always notifies me if there will be any changes. At the end of each session I'm fully aware of what I need to complete / achieve prior to my next session and if I have any issues at all I know that my Trainer Assessor is always available to answer any questions that I may have, either by email or over the phone.
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I receive lots of support from my employer, I let them know of any sessions I have booked in with my Trainer Assessor in advance and they set that time aside for me to complete the sessions without interruption.
Additionally, they are very happy for me to complete any required work, such as the 20% off the job training, inside of my working hours. I have also spoke to and shadowed lots of my colleagues as part of one of my modules, my employer was happy to let me take a couple of days away from my desk and daily role to learn more about what my colleagues inside the business do on a daily basis.
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
I receive lots of support from my training provider, the sessions that I have with my Trainer Assessor are really helpful and I know that my Trainer Assessor wouldn't end the session if I needed any extra support or was unsure of something.
I also know that I can contact my Trainer Assessor whenever I am stuck or unsure of something as they will respond straight away, whether it be an email or phone call. I have never felt overwhelmed or like I have no support whilst working towards my qualification.
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
I think my qualification helps me to perform better in my role as what I am learning can be applied directly to my role on a day to day basis. I have learnt a lot about different methods of communication, which has definitely helped me to liaise with both customers and my colleagues better. I have also learnt a lot about Microsoft Office, which I have applied to my daily role as a Bid Writer, making editing and compiling documentation in Word a lot more efficient. I definitely feel like I know more about how to effectively complete my daily tasks and support my job role since completing a Level 2 qualification and working towards a Level 3 qualification.
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
There are some extra-curricular activities to get involved in at my workplace, every so often we have a spin class at lunch time conducted by one of my colleagues. A lot of the office take part in this as it's quite fun to complete.
We also have regular sales meetings where all of the sales managers come to the office for a couple of days for any updates on business practices and to discuss their pipelines. If the meeting is over two days they usually arrange for us to go out for a meal after work to catch up in a non-professional environment.
9a. Would you recommend Pulse Fitness to a friend?
I think that Pulse Fitness Ltd. are a great company to work for and I have had lots of opportunities whilst working for them. I joined as an apprentice in 2016, then got taken on as a full time member of staff and I am now working towards another qualification, Level 3 Business Administration. There is always opportunity for progression and all of my colleagues are very friendly and happy to help out other departments as and when needed, it's a really friendly atmosphere.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Pulse Fitness?
During the application process, you have to fill in an application form rather than just sending off your CV and a cover letter, I would recommend reading the form carefully and completing it to the best of your ability - don't be afraid to ask questions if you are unsure of anything.
Prior to an interview, I would recommend visiting the company website and doing some research and looking at the background of the company as this is something that tends to get asked during an interview, as well as questions relating to the applicants' personality and about the job role.