1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Driving a bus. Carrying passengers.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
How to drive a bus and CPC licence. . English and maths skills. English values.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
Meeting new people. Learning a new career. Good salary.
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Well planned course online during lockdown. As much help as needed.
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I would appreciate a mentor as do not always know who to ask. Would be good to have more information in advance.
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
Very supportive training supervisor. Calls and emails frequently. Answers quickly and very knowledgeable.
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
This has given me a good basis to improve my bus driving role.
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
Not at present due to covid pandemic.
9a. Would you recommend Interserve Learning and Employment to a friend?
It is a good way to learn and earn at the same time while being supported. This has been difficult due to the lockdown but well managed.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Interserve Learning and Employment?
To not hesitate and to read all the info you are sent.