1. Please give an overview of what your work experience involved:
Very intense programme with lots of opportunities to progress, great place for anyone who is seeking challenges
2. What training and skills development did you learn from your work experience?
- time management - passed professional qualification ICAEW exams as a part of firm policy - professional scepticism from practical point of view by gaining working experience
3. To what extent did you enjoy your work experience?
I really enjoyed it and there was nothing I would point out that should be changed. Especially, that we were experiencing unprecedented times due to covid-19
4. How well organised was your work experience?
Everything was dealt efficiently and well organised, the career coach approach used by PwC is amazing as you have always someone to drop a message if you are not sure!
5. How much did you learn about the company culture and what it would be like to work there?
We have regular meetings where these matters were raised and discussed. As one of the values that PwC promotes- challenge other and feel free to be challenged. I do feel like the company culture comes in line with the values I wanna follow as an individual
6. How much did your work experience help you in deciding on your future career path?
It showed me exactly what external audit is all about which is always totally different compared to what books say. Hence, I believe I'm way ahead of student who did not choose to run a work experience before their final year at the University. I find it much clearer now in regard to where I see myself in the future.
7. Were you paid or reimbursed for this experience?
Yes, I think that payment for business placement was relatively high and satisfying.
8. Were there opportunities for networking and meeting other employees?
Yes there were several meetings organised for new joiner to build the networking! Even though regardless of the fact of a pandemic issue. PwC has found some alternatives how they could tackle these hard times and run some ways to keep in touch remotely.
9a. Would you recommend PwC to a friend?
In fact, it is a leading professional company in the world which offers the best career opportunities regardless off what your interests are.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to PwC?
Be aware about the exams policy that PwC has in place because I was not told that at the beginning of my application process!