1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I am currently a nvq assessor, supporting teaching and learning in education and childcare settings.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have gathered skills and knowledge in recognising and supporting learning and development within others and recognising and see the importance of the wider business
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I really enjoy the programme and the support given, the tutor ensures it is enjoyable during sessions and gives constructive feedback and also ensures knowledge and skills are gained on individual basis which helps me develop my personal skills as well as knoweldge
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
it is very structured but allows me to have a learner approach. I know wht is happening month to month from the scheme of work and also enjoy making it my own.
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Loads of support, they ensure I get off the job and this allows me to be motivated to implement my knowledge into practice
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
I have a personal tutor that is always on the other side of the phone, she is so supportive and ensures I understand the information before moving on
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
The qualification really helps.me keep motivated and learn more about my wider business and this really contributes to my continuous professional development
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
Not that I am aware of, however we have webinars and zoom calls allowing that personal touch.
9a. Would you recommend Interserve Learning and Employment to a friend?
it has been the most joyful experience and I love the opportunity I have to gain more knowledge and skills to motivste and inspire me to do more. Very thankful
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Interserve Learning and Employment?
You won't regret it, they really understand learner needs and adapt accordingly. The tutors are very flexible and the teaching is adapted to be suitable for different learning styles and individual circumstances.